CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Twilight ***Updated***

************UPDATE************

I finished reading the first book (is 42 hrs), and I'm not even the slightest bit ashamed to say that I am completely obsessed and addicted to Edward Cullen! It's an amazing book. I'm starting the second book, New Moon, tomorrow. Glenn comes home from work and rolls his eyes at me as I sit on the couch, house a total mess, dinner not made, laundry piled up, kids not bathed, reading the book! LOL!!! No wait, it gets better...I read the book while the soundtrack plays lightly in the background! HAHAHA! Warning: Do NOT leave a housewife home with a book about Edward Cullen. It leads to total disreguard to children, husband and house!



If you haven't read the book or seen the movie, do yourself a favor and read/see it!!!

The other night I was fumbling around with Glenn's new external hard drive and looking over all the movies he downloaded. BTW, when he opened up the package that the hard drive was in, there was a little advertisement for a converter that attaches to it and then to your TV that makes it possible to view them all on the screen of your TV. He of course purchased the attachment, and seriously, it's the coolest thing ever. It's kind of like having movies on demand!

Anyways, as I was fumbling, I noticed that he had downloaded the movie Twilight. I remembered hearing that the book was really good. I'm not much of a reader, so I never took any interest in reading it. There was even a post on the Mamapalooza message board about the character Edward Cullen who everyone was just Goo-Goo over.


As I started watching the movie, I became completely hooked! I wouldn't say that the acting was superb, but the story line was Excellent. I went to bed that night and had dreamy visions of Vampires. It took me serveral days to realize that this Edward Cullen character did not really exist, and neither did vampires. I even went on youtube and watched interviews of Robert Pattinson (the actor of Edward) so that I could be convinced that he, in person, was not the HOT character he played. The most interesting thing was that he was English, with an accent, but in the movie he sounded American.


After watching the movie (4 times so far!), I told Leah about it. She went out and bought the book. She finished the book in 48 hrs and then went out and bought the movie the day she finished the book! I heard the book is way better than the movie; far more descriptive. Seriously people, it's totally worth it!


So here I am, with the whole soundtrack downloaded, plugged into my ipod playlist and burned onto a CD. Apparently, I even think it's "blog-worthy". I'm borrowing Leah's book and will start reading it soon. And guess what, there are 3 other books to the series! So after you read Twilight, go pick up New Moon, then Eclipse and then finally Breaking Dawn! And if you're really interested, check out the Website. I hear they are starting to film the New Moon movie that is set to premier in November of this year....my infatuation continues!

7 comments:

Amber Greenawalt said...

You are so FUNNY! I better not watch it...because I know I will get hooked. I'm a total Potterhead already! ;)

Lucinda said...

If you like Harry Potter, then you will LOVE Twilight! Get the book, seriously! I heard they sell the serious at Costco for like $45!

Happy Reading my friend!

Lucinda said...

*series*

Leah said...

Oh Amber - These books are similar to Harry Potter in that easy read, easily hooked sort of way. Only you kinda fall completely for a hot vampire.
I started the first book on Thursday night and I am starting the 3rd tonight. It's like Harry Potter only you don't have to wait for the next book to come out :) The movie is only a supplement - read the books!!

Carissa said...

I was like this when I read them months ago. The books are like what I imagine crack to be like. I want there to be another one (you will probably want this too when you get done with the 4th one)....but I still need to read Midnight Sun on Stephanie Meyer's website- it's supposed to be twilight written from Edward's perspective.

Ashley said...

Found you! I just got this book from the library because everyone I know has read them and I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon too. Have read a few pages so far, but I'm almost afraid to jump into too much and thats all I will want to do is the read the books. We will see! Happy to be a "follower" of your family now!

Camber Mechele said...

Ugh! Am I the only one that didn't like the series?? What a let down!