Well the day has finally come to move Aidan into his big boy bed! I've heard from other moms that it's fine to leave them in their crib until they start to climb out. But we never had that problem with Aidan, he actually would crawl in his crib when he got tired and would fall asleep. So it was never a huge priority for us. And I suppose we were putting it off for financial reasons too. I'm just astonished at how freakin' expensive it is these days to put your kid in a big boy bed. Luckily for us, I purchased his bed set on sale from Pottery Barn. It's the Max Bugs theme (too cute) and I got a pretty good deal on it. However, I was not so smart when I got it in a twin size, and his crib converts to a full size bed (Sigh). Oh well, it works for now! Aside from the bedding, it still cost us a pretty penny. The mattress and box spring came to a little over $300, the frame was $60, the two railings were $36 total, bedskirt and mattress protector were $35 total, and the step stool was $25. And don't forget the extra bed sheets and pillowcases (3 different sets) $40 total. That's over $500 just to put my son in a big boy bed!! That is INSANE!! But the excitement in his face when it was all finished and he got to sleep like a big boy was priceless. He's doing awesome with it too! He's been sleeping the whole night and not waking up at all and then in the morning we hear him get up, open his door and go into Rylan's room to wake him up, it's so cute! And for naps he tells me..."Ommy (he never puts the M in front of mommy) Bed".
Too bad for Rylan, he'll be sleeping in his crib till his feet start extending through the slats!! LOL.
Daddy putting the bed frame together
Mattress and boxspring ready to go
Rylan playing with the plastic
The boys loved jumping on the bed



0 comments:
Post a Comment