CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

*Rockband Rockstars*

My friends will probably kill me for posting this but it was just too priceless to turn up. And by the way, the next couple of posts will be backwards in order as I couldn't wait to put up this post first. Saturday ended up being one hilarious day. I love those days when you don't really have anything planned but end up having so much fun. The morning started out like any other Saturday. I woke up early and headed over to Kari Kardio for our Saturday morning step class. After burning lots of calories and even tripping on some girls' feet behind me and falling to the floor it was a fun class indeed. Leah convinced me and Terra to do a Mock run of her lower body class that she will be teaching on Tuesday. So it was decided that at around 2:30 everyone would come over to our clubhouse. Sometimes I love it when we have guests come over last minute because it gives me every reason to actually clean my house. I finished cleaning the entire house in a record time of 2 hours and even managed to mop the floors! Yes!! After everyone arrived, all the dads got the kids together and took them to the pool while we did the lower body class in the fitness studio. 45 minutes later we were done with our resistaball routine and headed over to the pool to rescue to guys. The kids stayed in the pool for about 20 more minutes and then we all headed to our house to eat some sandwiches for dinner. All the guys left for sweetbay to pick up some more junk food/beer/and desert while leaving us with the kids, we called it payback for leaving all the kids with them at the pool. When the guys came back, Glenn immediately busted out his new Rockband game that he's been dying to play. His rockband game for XBOX comes complete with a drum set, microphone and Guitar. You are supposed to pick out a song and then have to play it with the instruments. When he first brought this stuff home the other night I of course rolled my eyes at him as I thought it was just another piece of nonsense that he will use for about a month and then it will just sit and collect dust as most of his "toys" do. But man was this stupid game a freakin' blast to play. We all took turns singing, drumming and playing the guitar and had so much fun. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We're currently in the process of downloading some new country songs as that was Terra's request and trying to find some hip hop for me! Leah was in her glory with all the Bon Jovi and other rock bands that were in the line-up. The next video cracks me up every time I see it. The best part are the kids in the background getting into all kinds of mayhem. First Carly and Aidan are fighting over the wagon, then she puts him in a headlock. Scott tries to break up the confrontation but being sure not to miss a strum on his guitar. All the while Aidan is butt naked because he had said previously that he had to go "oopie" and proceeded to take his underwear off in the bathroom. Then he decides to stand up on the side of the wagon completely naked. And we were all oblivious to what was going on because apparently we are AWESOME ROCKSTARS!! LOL!! I couldn't even tell them what was going on in the background because I was laughing so hard, also being the reason I put the camera down before I stopped video taping.

For obvious reasons we are making "Rockband Nights" a frequent event here at the Midnet residence! Let me know if you wanna join us for a Rockin' Good Time!!

2 comments:

Andersen Family said...

Ok, so your video was hilarious. James plays guitar hero all the time and I laugh my ass of because he really gets into it. Looks like you all had a blast.

Janet

carriewclemons said...

Too funny. Looks like a fun time. We would love to join you guys sometime when we get back into town from our summer trip.