I'm proud to report that after our first game last thursday, Team "Tired of Bowling" is in first place!!! WooHoo! Tomorrow is our second game against Team "Makin A Run" and I'm sure we'll win because as Glenn puts it "if you're not first, you're last" (From Taladega Nights) Kickball is a hoot! Who knows, if we win this whole thing maybe we can go to Vegas for the championship game! Wish us luck! And I'll let everyone know how our team is doing!
************************************************************************************
Last night was a super-fun night for Glenn and I. Last week we were approached by our friends to join in on a kickball league, The World Adult Kickball Assiciation "WAKA". Originally they were trying to recruit girls for the team as there has to be at least 4 girls on the field at all games. Somehow Leah and I finagled our husbands into playing as well. The team we signed up to be on was our friend Eric's work friends who were "tired of bowling" and created their team as something new and fun to do in place of bowling. Other people who sign up with the league can also be placed on random teams if one is not specified. Anywho, we called up my parents to watch the boys for the night-which is always a treat because this means they get to stay up late and the supply of candy and cookies is unlimited...Thanks Mom and Dad!
We arrived at Lexington Elementary around 7:20 (late as usual) and made our way to the field to find the rest of our team. Our team color is burnt orange like the texas Longhorns. We got our team T-shirts and listened in on some rules. Our game started at 7:45, and I have to admit, my heart was kind of racing- being a true competitor at heart and really not wanting to suck. My first thought when we actually signed up for kickball was that movie "dodgeball" with Ben Stiller and I pictured all these ultra competitive kickballers, LOL. But everyone was super nice and it was a lot of fun. It brought me back to my elementary school years and it was nice to kind of be a kid again.
Our team rocked! We beat our opponents, "Kickaholics" 8 to 0!!! Glenn did awesome sliding in to home base and even has a little war wound to prove it. And I scored 1 point. Yay!! We play every thursday night at either 6:45 or 7:45. It's so much fun! Here's the link if anyone is interested.
We arrived at Lexington Elementary around 7:20 (late as usual) and made our way to the field to find the rest of our team. Our team color is burnt orange like the texas Longhorns. We got our team T-shirts and listened in on some rules. Our game started at 7:45, and I have to admit, my heart was kind of racing- being a true competitor at heart and really not wanting to suck. My first thought when we actually signed up for kickball was that movie "dodgeball" with Ben Stiller and I pictured all these ultra competitive kickballers, LOL. But everyone was super nice and it was a lot of fun. It brought me back to my elementary school years and it was nice to kind of be a kid again.
Our team rocked! We beat our opponents, "Kickaholics" 8 to 0!!! Glenn did awesome sliding in to home base and even has a little war wound to prove it. And I scored 1 point. Yay!! We play every thursday night at either 6:45 or 7:45. It's so much fun! Here's the link if anyone is interested.
Team Meeting
Team "Tired of Bowling"
Glenn checking out the ball...
Going over some rules with our opponents
Rock, Paper, Scissors to see who kicks first...we win!
Glenn and Shannon in the outfield
Go Aimee!
I got someone out at 2nd base!
Go Scott!
And I'm off...
Shannon kicks the ball
We won 8 to 0...Good Game!!



1 comments:
I used to play in the fall. My team was #2 in the whole league! It's so much fun! I want to do it again with a bunch of friends though.
Post a Comment