CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Glenny!!

I know this blog is like a month late, but I have a lot of catching up to do. So I'm kind of back-tracking. Glenn turned the big TWO-NINE on April 25th and I think he's coming to terms with the fact that he will soon be 30! I actually don't have any problem getting older. I honestly don't feel like my age, I feel more like I'm 18 just with a lot more responsibility. Besides, 30 is the new 20!! So for Glenn's birthday his dad decided to take him out to dinner at Roy's in Bonita. But before dinner he wanted to take the boys to Build-A-Bear at Coconut Pointe. He hadn't seen the boys in awhile and wanted to share with them this special memory. So we met Glenn Sr (Papa G), Kathleen (Grammy), and Kaitlin at Build-A-Bear. Before we went into the shop, Papa G had a special present for the boys. He was away for a few days for business in Kentucky and brought them back a wooden louisville slugger baseball bat. Each was engraved with their names. It was a really thoughtful gift.


The build-A-Bear shop was a really neat experience. We spent about 20 minutes letting the boys pick out their animal of choice. Aidan settled on a black dog which wasn't really much of a surprise considering that lately he thinks he is a dog. All day he barks at people and walks around on all fours like he's a dog. That kid is a trip. Rylan picked out a cheetah. Maybe because he thinks he's a cheetah too or at least that's what he was for Halloween. So they picked out their heart, gave it a kiss and each boy stepped on the pedal to stuff their animal. Next we had to name their animals. I was entering all the info into the computer and told Glenn to ask Rylan what he wants to name his cheetah. He came back and said that he wanted to name him "No"! LOL, anyone that has been around Rylan knows that it's his favorite word. he says is all day to everything. Sometimes it can get a bit annoying, except he says it in this really super sweet voice and kind of drags out the word like "Noooo" where the end of the word is higher pitched. So we veto'd his name and named him Spots instead. (Real original). Then we asked Aidan what he wanted to name his dog. He said Noah. I assumed it was just another version of "No". Oh well, Noah it is! The boys really love their animals and snuggled them the whole ride over to Roy's. I think it's funny that on Daddy's birthday, the boys are the ones getting presents. Isn't that how it always turns out? Every holiday no matter what it is always seems to revolve around them.


Dinner was excellent! I overate like usual and drank too much wine and Glenn didn't get heart burn so that's always a Plus! So we went home and he opened up his presents. The boys and I got him 2 pairs of shorts from PacSun. He really needed some new shorts and he likes those ones that look kind of alternative-ish. We also got him a new bottle of cologne by Saint Yve Loren (Sp??) because he can honestly go through a whole bottle of cologne in a month. I've never seen anything like it. I thought it was funny that he also got cologne from 3 other people. I'm sure they all will be gone in no time =) So Happy Birthday Glenny!! We Love You...even if you are an old man!!


Aidan with Auntie Kaitlin
Aidan totally amused by the stuffing rotating around

Rylan has his animal picked out
Getting his heart

Stepping on the pedal, filling his dog

Showing us everything

Aidan excited about his new doggie
Rylan's turn to fill his cheetah

Aidan acting like he usually does and pretending to be a dog

Rylan is loving his new stuffed animal

RyRy with Grammy
Rylan Loves Spots
Aidan Loves Noah

1 comments:

Carissa said...

haha you crack me up- "he likes those alternative shorts".

and i think it's funny that aidan walks around acting like a dog all day- silly kid!