CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Can't Touch This...

Just in case anyone is wondering how our kickball team is doing, we have a new ranking. NUMBER 1 BABY!!! Yes, team "Tired of Bowling" is the undisputed kickball champions of the universe! I mean, I don't wannna toot our own horn or anything, but BEEP BEEP! LOL
Last Thursday we were in 2nd place and were scheduled to play the 1st place team in the "game of the season". Derek, the director of our league even told us that if we beat the pink team, the "unbeataballs", he would buy us unlimited pitchers of beer at Ron Dao's. BTW, Ron Dao's is a sports bar off of McGregor who is one of our sponsors and all the teams go there after the game to drink some booze and play flip cup (which I've never played before).
After our last game we were uncertain if we would beat the unbeataballs because we had a few factors riding against us. First, Scott pulled his hamstring, Tracy was going to be out of town (he's our pitcher), and the team that was supposed to be reffing our game was a team that we had demolished in a previous match-up. And by the points that the unbeataballs had we were sure they were going to be tough. We were actually only 1 point behind them in total scoring but the 3rd place team was significantly behind us. So it really came down to just our two teams.

When we got to the field I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of intimidation the pink team displayed. But then again, I'm sure that when other teams look at us all they see are a bunch of old moms and dads. However, little do they know that our team consists of a bunch of old moms and dads who are competitive athletes. Between us all we have a jazzersize instructor, a spin/body flex instructor/ 5 members who are distance runners, and one member that we call our "allstar" who is a freak of nature the way he kicks that big red ball clear out of the park! And the other members I don't know on a very personal level but I'm sure they are athletes too!

Anywho, I can't remember all the technicalities of the game but just by the finishing score I think you can pretty much tell what happened. We ended up winning 15 to 0. They didn't even get to score 1 point.
We now have a 21 point lead ahead of the 2nd place team "Dunder Mifflin". I think it's pretty much safe to say that WE'RE GOING TO VEGAS!!! I'm getting my bags ready!

Screamers in right field



Baby Kate...future kickball champion in training

Dunder Mifflin taking pointers


After the game, we took Derek up on his beer offer and went to Ron Dao's for our free pitchers. This is the first appearance our team has made at this joint. Aidan and Rylan were staying at Aunt Roxie's for the night so we didn't have to be home early to relieve any babysitters. Yay! Well after 1 beer, Leah, Stacy and I decided that not only do we want to be winners at kickball but we also want to be winners at flip cup. Our husbands were our designated drivers of the night so we took full advantage of the opportunity. After a few practice "flips" we made our way to the table and joined in. We won all 3 games we played! What a night! I don't think Glenn and I pulled up in our driveway until nearly 2:00am. It's been a long time since we've stayed out that late. Of course it took almost 2 days to recover, or at least it took ME two days to recover. I guess I just can't hang with those party animals anymore.

Shots!


Mando's "Blue Steel" face


Our designated drivers


Practicing flip cup


competing in flip cup


kicking butt in flip cup


what a blast!


flip cup champions


Love of my Life


Tired of Bowling new team uniform


Free Pitchers


Leah and Scott..the bench warmers!


only in Ft. Myers do you run into an old friend you grew up with and have known 15+ years, at a random Thursday night at Ron Dao's! Ms. Fernandez..the coolest 8th grade teacher around!

3 comments:

Amber Greenawalt said...

OMG How I miss you!!!Congratulations kick ball Queen! I for one am not surprised at all. You always excel at anything you do. You are also a ton of fun. I can't wait to hang out again. Have a blast in Vegas!!! XOXO Amber

Amber Greenawalt said...

p.s. Sabina as "Ms. Fernandez"--Gosh I can' still remember when we the kids calling the teachers "Ms." and "Mr." Time flies. I was thinking the other day about how we have been friends for ten years already!

Carissa said...

I can't believe you've never played flip cup! Well, now you're an old pro- I'd say. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that ya'll make it to Vegas- my team was thisclose :(