CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

What A Week!

This past week has been so draining! I spent most of the week going to appointments with my new car. Glenn's car is leased (as all of our cars are) and goes back at the end of the month. So we decided to have him drive the Expedition because of the high gas prices and because he really doesn't drive a lot, so for a vehicle that gets 11 miles per gallon, it makes sense to have it driven less. We spent numerous hours at just about every car dealership in town and ended up getting a Subaru Tribeca for me to drive. I absolutely LOVE it.

I posted a message on the Mamapalooza message board asking other moms what their favorite midsize SUV is and what they liked/disliked about it. It only seemed right to ask other moms their opinions about what car to get. There were many moms who commented about the Tribeca. They said that lots of people who drive Subarus tend to stick with them, kind of like Volvo drivers. So when we went and looked at them we really liked it. It has a third row which I definitely wanted. It wasn't a huge car like the expedition but had enough room inside for us, it had a five star safety rating, and drove just like my X3 did-just a little bigger. The only thing it didn't come with was navigation and DVD player. From past experiences with our other cars we've found that we never use the navigation, but the DVD player comes in really handy with the kids. So we opted to get the model without the player and have it installed later.

Glenn researched players and we ended up getting an Alpine one that goes in the center of the roof. I demanded that I be able to listen to the radio while the boys watch their movies. I can't stand driving listening to movies the entire time. So we got the boys wireless headphones so they can listen to their movies while I jam out to my favorite tunes. They look so cute with those huge headphones on. We had it installed at Best Buy and purchased the service plan. Good Thing, because 3 days later, it wasn't working. The guys said that the wiring was done correctly, but something was wrong with the player. We've also learned that any kind of electronics need an extended warranty too. We've had way too many gadgets just stop working after the one year warranty that we couldn't afford to be foolish with this pricey piece of equipment! So that was 2 days worth of time that my car spent having work done to it. Then one day was spent at Beverly Hills Tenting. We had limo tent put on both the Expedition and the Tribeca. I asked them to put a shade lighter on the rear window so I wasn't completely blinded at night. I had this done with the X3 also and it really worked out great for me at night time when it's so dark.

Then another day was spent driving all over town to try and get my license plate figured out. I was planning on just transferring my plate from the BMW to my new car, but the dealership called me a couple days later saying that my plate was invalid. What! How could that be? I've had it since I've been driving and it was just on another car! Apparently, after 5 years you are automatically issued another plate for free. I was completely unaware of this policy. When I renewed my tags online it didn't say anything about a new plate, so I just thought I was all good. Well my new renewal sticker had a different tag number on it then the actual tag. They told me it had been like that for about a year and a half! I was driving around with an invalid tag for quite some time. So after I drove all the way to Lehigh and waited for my turn in line, they said that they couldn't issue me a replacement because it would be issued to the BMW, not my new car. I had to drive back to Ft. Myers to the Subaru dealership to have them issue me a temp. tag and then mail me my new plate. Thank Goodness that mess is fixed!

My poor kids spent most of the week in the car driving around from one place to the other, and I didn't go to the gym at all the whole week.


The rest of the day that wasn't spent at some appointment was spent staging my house. We have officially put it on the MLS as a short sale. So I've had to clean every room and move all the kid stuff from one room to another in order to take pictures of the house. I still have a few more rooms left, hopefully it will be done this weekend.

We've decided to move into Glenn's Dad's investment house up the street and eventually buy it in a year. It's still in Botanica Lakes, just about a block up the street. The renters that were there just moved out, so we've been over there painting, cleaning, taking down hurricane shutters and ripping out the flooring on the bottom floor. We have the hard wood floors arriving either Monday or Tuesday and they should be installed in the next few days along with the Travertine. We've kept most of the same colors as the house we live in now so that wasn't as difficult as the first round of color picking. But some of our furniture doesn't fit, or we don't need it so now I'm having to post some stuff on Craig's List. Moving really stinks, but I guess it's better that it's up the street and not across town. I don't really have to "pack" anything, but shove it in the car and drive it to the other house. I can't wait to have this mess done and over with so I can start getting settled into our new house.

We just met a few neighbors by our new house and I'm already loving it. We're on a Cul-de-sac now and it seems like every house on the street has small children. Yay, fun neighbors! The renters that were there said that it's the "drama" street, but everyone so far has been really friendly. I'll be the judge of such a "drama" street myself. We are, however, very sad to be moving away from our favorite neighbors Ron and Donna, the cool New Yorkers across the street. I told them they're just gonna have to take longer walks with their dog Brandy so they can come see us up the street. I'm so excited to watch the boys run rampid down our street playing with other kids, especially because there won't be so much traffic!

I've also been inspired by my best friend Amber, to start a Botanica Lakes Parents Club. Our clubhouse sometimes has things for kids to do, but no one ever shows up to them. So I decided to take the lead and start a club up so families can meet other families in the neighborhood. Wish me luck that it's a success, I'd be disappointed if no one responded and I lived in a beautiful neighborhood with a bunch of "no names".
Stay tuned for pictures of the new house and how it's coming along!

0 comments: