This past weekend we were busy little bees moving into the new house. First and foremost, a huge Thank You needs to be given to everyone who helped us: Shane, Dad (and his two buddies), Roxanne, Melissa, Mom, Leah, Scott, Jim, Terra, Eric, Kathy and Kristen who watched the boys for us on Friday. You all were such a huge help to us and we couldn't have done it without you..Thanks!! I forgot how much it sucks to move, even if it is just up the street! We still have some more stuff that needs to be brought over here from the other house, but for the most part we have most of everything here. Our master bedroom is almost finished, the boys rooms are done (except for wall hangings), the loft upstairs is organized with all the boys' toys, the bathrooms are done (except for scrubbing the tile), the kitchen is almost organized and the garage and laundry room are a mess!
I have to say, as much as it was so sad to move out of our other house, especially because it was our very first home that we built and picked out everything, I am loving this new house! The floor plan is so much better! It's so nice having the loft upstairs with the boys rooms. All of their toys stay up there and I don't have to look at them all over the house anymore. We have a new rule in the house...NO toys downstairs!!! It's fantastic! Since we started this new rule from the beginning, the boys are actually pretty good about it. I also have a closet upstairs that is solely dedicated to all my crafts. It's huge so all of my goods fit in there. The kitchen is a galley style kitchen and has a ridiculous amount of storage and space, we have a few cabinets that are empty because we just don't have anything to put in them. The only part of the house that isn't my favorite is the laundry room. Considering that I spend entirely way too much time in there doing endless loads of laundry, it is a little small; about half the size of our old one. But other factors make up for the little laundry room. Like the fact that we are a hop, skip and a jump away from the clubhouse! It feels like we have a huge playground and splash park/pool right in our backyard. We got some other good news while we were in the midst of moving. The Asian family that lived next door to us at the other house, put an offer in to purchase our house for his brother. How great would that be if we sold the other house?! That would be one less thing to worry about especially in this economy right now.
The weather has started to change and it has been just beautiful! It's cooled down and we have had this slight breeze that makes it feel like heaven. Like the noggin song says, "I think that I'm fallin' for Fall". I absolutely love this time of year! We will be taking the boys out sometime in the next few days to pick out a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch. They are obsessed with them lately and point them out every time we're at the store. I love the age that they are at right now. Aidan last year didn't really get the concept of Christmas and Santa and Halloween, but this year he is much more aware of all the festivities, and Rylan is his little mirror. He seems to understand all of it, or at least he repeats everything he hears. I look forward to all the Holiday fun in our new house, it's going to be a great Holiday Season!
I have to say, as much as it was so sad to move out of our other house, especially because it was our very first home that we built and picked out everything, I am loving this new house! The floor plan is so much better! It's so nice having the loft upstairs with the boys rooms. All of their toys stay up there and I don't have to look at them all over the house anymore. We have a new rule in the house...NO toys downstairs!!! It's fantastic! Since we started this new rule from the beginning, the boys are actually pretty good about it. I also have a closet upstairs that is solely dedicated to all my crafts. It's huge so all of my goods fit in there. The kitchen is a galley style kitchen and has a ridiculous amount of storage and space, we have a few cabinets that are empty because we just don't have anything to put in them. The only part of the house that isn't my favorite is the laundry room. Considering that I spend entirely way too much time in there doing endless loads of laundry, it is a little small; about half the size of our old one. But other factors make up for the little laundry room. Like the fact that we are a hop, skip and a jump away from the clubhouse! It feels like we have a huge playground and splash park/pool right in our backyard. We got some other good news while we were in the midst of moving. The Asian family that lived next door to us at the other house, put an offer in to purchase our house for his brother. How great would that be if we sold the other house?! That would be one less thing to worry about especially in this economy right now.
The weather has started to change and it has been just beautiful! It's cooled down and we have had this slight breeze that makes it feel like heaven. Like the noggin song says, "I think that I'm fallin' for Fall". I absolutely love this time of year! We will be taking the boys out sometime in the next few days to pick out a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch. They are obsessed with them lately and point them out every time we're at the store. I love the age that they are at right now. Aidan last year didn't really get the concept of Christmas and Santa and Halloween, but this year he is much more aware of all the festivities, and Rylan is his little mirror. He seems to understand all of it, or at least he repeats everything he hears. I look forward to all the Holiday fun in our new house, it's going to be a great Holiday Season!
Master Bath
And for some comical relief... my sisters needed to go to the other house to get something so they decided to take the bike and trailer for a spin. They were cracking us up with the kids helmets on.



0 comments:
Post a Comment