Tuesday after the boys and I left the gym, we headed over to kidzone for a playdate with my moms group Mamapalooza. It's been awhile since we've been there. I always love it because it's the one place that I can let them run free and not be too worried about them. The room isn't that large so it's pretty easy to find them, and I get lots of time to chat with all the other moms. The boys had a great time! Aidan spent most of his time in the digging room. It has shredded up tire chips that are painted blue. He had a great time digging, dumping and of course, throwing it all around. Rylan spent most of his time at the train table (shocker). They both played great with all the other kids and I didn't have to break up a fight once. That sounds really sad to say, but it seems like when we are at home that's all I do all day so it was nice to have a change.



Wednesday, Mamapalooza was having a "stroller skate" at Generations roller skating rink. I can't even remember the last time I have been in a pair of skates. We were allowed to push our strollers around the rink, while the older kids were able to bring in ride on toys and push/ride them in the center or around the rink with us. It was so much fun! I was burning some serious calories while I was zooming the boys around on their scooter, and listening to some awesome skating music provided by the rink DJ. I felt like a kid again and the kids thought it was so cool. Aidan even tried on his first pair of skates. He tried so hard to get the hang of it, but he couldn't stand up for the life of him. He was much happier when I took the skates off and put his shoes back on. Rylan was having the best time standing on the scooter while I pushed him around the rink. He was giggling and squeeling in delight. And we weren't just cruising around the joint, I was doing some serious speed with that thing, it was great! I snagged up a few of their flyers and have already made plans to go again with Glenn, it was so much fun!
Later that afternoon, a few friends of mine, Janet and Leah, came over to help put together a care package. A lady in Mamapalooza has a little boy who has been in the hospital for weeks now. I've been reading her blog to get updates and so far the Dr's think he has a benign tumor/growth on his spine. He was recently transferred from All Children's Hospital in Tampa to Sloan Kettering Hospital in NY where he will be treated. It just breaks my heart to read about these things happening to little kids. I put a post on our group's message board asking other moms if they wanted to contribute in putting together a care package for this little boy and his family. The response was amazing! I got a card for members to sign and many gave money to go towards purchasing items for the basket. It was so great to help do something for another family who is going through a very difficult time. I shopped all week long for things to put in the basket and ended up with some really great itmes. Janet delivered the baskets to the family on Friday and they were SOOO Thankful!
Mikey's Basket
Thursday afternoon we headed over to Immokalee to visit my Grandma and Aunt Elia. I was sure to bring over my "projects", because I knew that they would help me finish them. The previous week they came over to my moms house and we finished making valences for both the boys rooms. We used their old bedskirts that matched their bedroom themes. They turned out so adorable! I sewed them all by myself (with a little coaching from my grandma of course). I can't wait to put them up. (pictures coming soon)
My dad arrived at my Grandma's house shortly after I did and kept the boys entertained while we spent time working on Rylan's Halloween costume. I found the cutest mail carrier costume online for Aidan, and decided to make Rylan an envelope. It turned out so cute!! It's not fully finished; I still have to write the mailing address/return address, glue on the black address lines and glue on the stamp. But I was very pleased with how it turned out. I can't wait for Halloween!
Friday afternoon a few friends came over to the clubhouse pool and we had a litle pool playdate. Jill is my neighbor and she came with her little boy Liam, Joelle brought her little boy Josh, Julie came with her man Chase and I was there with my demons. Everyone had a great time. I had to put both boys in time out for pushing/biting their friends. I'm not sure why, but Aidan kept picking on little Liam, and Rylan bit Chase on his arm after they were fighting over the water faucet. It is so upsetting to be the mom of the "bad" kids. Rylan bites Aidan almost everyday usually because he can't defend himself, but had never bitten anyone else until that day. I was so upset about it, and still am. Surely there has to be a way to nip this biting non-sense in the butt! Little Josh hit his head on the side of the pool and they left a little early. Everyone said they had fun, but to me it seemed like more kids were getting hurt rather than having fun. Maybe we'll plan another pool playdate before it starts getting cold, and no one will get hurt and my boys won't be little devils!



1 comments:
OMG the Rollerskating looked like so much fun!!! The envelope turned out so freakin cute. What are you going as Super Mom?? How do you find the time for everything?! I'm super jealous that you are going to see Sarah Palin!! She's be in Greenville on Tuesday but I don't have tickets :( Love you!! Hope you can visit soon!
Post a Comment