I'm sad to say that our kickball season has come to an end. Unfortunately for me, I was unable to compete in our last two games of kickball. The first Thursday that I missed was due to Mamapalooza's Moms Night Out. I love kickball, but the thought of getting out with just the girls was too good to pass up. So Glenn went and reported back to me that they won their tournament game, beating the Landsharks, and putting team Tired of Bowling in the runnings to play for the Gold!
On our very last night of kickball, we were scheduled to play team Balls Deep, who was the only team to beat us this season. The winner of that game would go on to play team "Dunder Mifflin" who was in first place and undefeated. Actually, we were beating team Dunder Mifflin in points scored but were in second place because they hadn't lost a game.
This past Thursday we were unable to attend our Championship game because we were leaving for our Family Vacation. I was really bummed, and we even considered playing and then driving up that night. But we didn't want to cut our family vacation short by almost a whole day. So regretfully, we had to pass up our only chance to play the undefeated team. However, one of our friends called us to say that the first game against team Balls Deep was forfeited. I'm not sure what the exact reason was for, but I'm guessing it was because they didn't have enough players. You have to have at least 4 girls present on a team in order to play.
Then we were told that we sadly lost the Championship game with a close score of 3:2, and that all runs scored were due to mistakes on both teams. I'm so pissed that we had to miss it, but I'm sure we'll be seeing them again in the next season. Glenn and I have already signed up for another season of kickball. It was so much fun that we had to do it again! This new season we will be playing on tuesday nights on the new league in Ft. Myers called the Gulf League. We've registered again to play on team Tired of Bowling 2. Hopefully we can change our team name once the season starts. We need a cool name. Already in our league we have a, Balls in your face, Hit it and Bounce, Just for Kicks, Misfit Island, and Balls Deep.
Glenn is already prepared for Season 2 of Kickball. For our last couple games he decided that he needed cleats, and these long black socks. He looks kinda silly in those stalkings, but man those cleats must have set a fire under his butt because the guy is FAST! He has these long skinny legs and when he runs he takes really fast long strides. I've never seen him run that fast before. I was kinda shocked! He has always refused to run with me saying "I'm not a distance runner, I'm a sprinter". He wasn't kidding! Lets hope his new cleats help us win our way to the Championship game again this next season.
Here's some pictures from the last game I played. They are of the awesome catch I made. I fumbled the ball about 3 times in the air before I finally caught it and held on for the out!
Here it comes...
Almost got it...
You're outta there! (this was actually the first fumble, but eventually I caught it) Thanks Steve for the great pictures!
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



1 comments:
Hey, James, Robyn, James friend Mark and I are playing kickball on Tuesdays too!!! I knew you guys were Thursday, had no idea you were switching.
Post a Comment