Marathon training is still in progress. I've been trying to run at least twice a week, but haven't been sticking to my plan like I hoped to. I've only been doing long runs on the weekends. The past couple weeks I've been very sluggish, and not just in running but at the gym as well. I'm blaming it on my lack of sleep. It's funny that now that my boys are awesome sleepers at night, all I want to do is stay up late. It's the time I get to myself to surf the net, watch my favorite shows, and update my blog, myspace and shutterfly accounts.
My pace has definitely slowed down. When I ran my first half marathon I averaged a little over 9 minute miles finishing a little under 2 hours. But lately my pace has been on average 11 minute miles. I realize that I'm trying to run twice the distance, but my pace is really starting to get me down.
I ran 15 miles about 3 weeks ago and that run was actually pretty good. We completed the 15 miles and felt much better than last time because we were sure to place water spots all around the route.
But this past run that I did with Leah, Scott and the running God Mike Pemberton (owner of Run Florida and founder of the Ft. Myers Track Club) was not too successful. I'm not sure what was my problem but it was just not my day. (prepare for excuses)...My ipod died so I had to use my iphone, which wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked and didn't skip. Then my entire outfit was dripping with sweat and was becoming very irritating. My socks were so soaked that they started slipping into my shoes and started making this really annoying squeaking noise. We had planned to run 20 miles that day, but half way through it I decided I just couldn't do it anymore. We were in front of Botanica Lakes when we hit the 10 mile marker and I couldn't finish. So I called Glenn to pick me up and needless to say I was very disappointed in myself. Leah, Scott and Mike all completed the 20 miles and I'm sure were very proud :)
Hopefully next time I attempt to do this distance it will go much better. I still have about five months to prepare for my marathon which I really can't believe I'm doing. Rylan's 2nd birthday will forever be a memory in my mind as it is the day that the Disney Marathon will be held. I will be celebrating his birthday and my completion of my first marathon on the same day.
Thumbs up for completing 15 miles, Thumbs down because it was really hard!
Trying a different pose
Scott isn't too happy about taking pictures



0 comments:
Post a Comment