CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 28, 2008

We're So Thankful!

Thanksgiving 2008 was held here at our house. It's become an annual tradition. Having to share the holidays between 3 different families can be really stressful. So we decided to host Thanksgiving to save us from traveling. This way, if you want to see us on Thanksgiving, stop by!

I started the day off running the 29th Annual Turkey Trot 5k. I ran it for the first time last Thanksgiving, so this also has become a little tradition. I haven't been running as often as I would like so I was certain that my time wouldn't be as good as it was last year. During the run I honestly felt as if I could have pushed a little harder, but surprisingly, I beat my time by more than a minute from last year!! I finished in 25:19, with an average pace of 8:09 min/mile, and came in 16th place for my age group.


Scott, Me, Leah, Tom, Jen, Yoli

Beginning of the turkey trot



First Mile After that awful feeling you get when you've ran hard for 3.1 miles
Me, Mike, Leah, Shannon, ?
me and leah
Jason, Scott, Leah
Dennis and Julie (her first 5K)

After the race I came home to start setting up for our feast. Relatives started showing up and getting all the food ready, while all the "kids" played some Wii, and the real kids played on the blow up slide. We set the tables complete with our "Fancy" chairs (white plastic lawn chairs) and our expensive fine china (paper plates and plastic silverware). I love this time of year, when you can reflect and give thanks to all that is important in your lives. If there is one positive thing that a hard economic time brings, it is the ability to get "back to basics" and appreciate not What you have, but WHO you have. I am thankful for my wonderful family and my amazing friendships. They are the people who keep me grounded, sane and filled with Love and Laughter! Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!



Me and the boys made Turkey cupcakes


Boys helping put the booze in the coolers
Mickey in his santa outfit
Aidan
me and Ry
real kids on the blow up slide


Aidan with Kristen and Freddy

Aunt Carol, Grandma Putland, Kathy and mom (Robin)
Uncle Mike workin on the mashed potatos
Kristen and Glen Sheppard
Joshua
setting up outside
The Wii tent

That's a lot of people
Landon
the "other" kids playing wii



Bright Light! Robbie and Landon
Thanksgiving Grub

Aidan passed out with Pa Pa

0 comments: