The holidays are such a busy time of the year. And this year was no exception. Now that I'm a mom, I'm not sure why the holidays have become more stressful than enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I love this time of year, but sometimes I wish it were more relaxing.
On Christmas eve we headed over to Glenn Sr's house in Naples. I love going to Glenn's dads house, there's just something about it that is so comforting-it just feels like home. We had a sit down Christmas dinner and then played the traditional white elephant gift exchange game. I love that we play this game instead of having to buy gifts for each person. One of Glenn Sr's clients joined in on the festivities along with their friends from Canada. Everyone had a great time. We left there pretty late, and the boys ended up falling asleep in the car. I was a little bummed because they weren't awake to set out Santa's mild and cookies onthe new ceramic set I bought on sale last year after Christmas. Oh well, next year!
I was up late finishing up some last minute wrapping. When morning came, the boys were excited to see presents under the tree. They're a little too young to understand Santa and the whole story about Christ, but they sure know what wrapped boxes with bows on them is for! They opened up all their gifts and then we led them outside for their big gift. They were absolutely thrilled about their racing corvette power wheels car!
Let me just give some info about theis little power wheels gem. I found it on Craigslist for $75. The owners said it needed a new batery. When I googled the car, after purchasing it, come to find out it was a recalled item-Damn it! Luckily, I found another website that offered a modification to the wiring. I called my friend Janet, who's husband is the ultimate handyman-seriously, they need to clone him! He came over the following day and re-wired it to a standard 12V battery in a total of 10 minutes. The car worked like a charm. Thank You James! It was hilarious watching the boys drive this car down the street while listening to the AM/FM radio blaring Beyonce's "Single Ladies"! Truly a priceless moment.
After opening up all their presents at home, we headed over to my moms house for a Christmas brunch. The boys opened up their fishing poles from my parents and shortly after we headed to my Grandma's house in Immokalee. I love going to my Grandma's house in Immokalee. It can definitely be a culture shock for those who didn't grow up around the Mexican traditions I did. But it's real. No fancy foo-foo stuff, just family being family! Eating green beans, potato salad, ham, turkey, refried beans, tortillas, corn,(you've never seen so many carbs in one meal) and of course my Aunt Velma's Puerto Rican rice and my Aunt Elia's delicious pecan pie and whatever other delectible treats she's baked up.
It was a very busy, very fun Christmas! Next year will probably be much of the same.
Merry Christmas from the Midnet Family!
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment