Back in 2004, when Glenn and I celebrated oru first Valentines Day together, he went all out. He flew me up to Jacksonville, where rose pedals covered hsi apartment. He then surprised me with an amazing weekend of events. I can't remember what day Valentines fell on, but I remember that he coudn't wait to give me the gifts he got me (He still to this day gives/opens gifts early because eh can't wait). he got me Victoria Secrets super sexy langerie, and giant box of Godiva Chocolate Truffles, and a simple yet elegant diamond pendant neclace. We had a romantic dinner at Marker 32 and then spent the night at the Sea Turtle Inn on Jacksonville Beach. It was a day I'll never forget.
5 years and 2 kids later, Valentines day is not what it once was. That's why I was shocked to find out that Glenn planned a romantic weekend for just us to get away and spend some time together, all without telling me anything about it! He booked us a room at the Marco Island Marriot Beach Resort and got us tickets to see the comedian, Godfree, at Capt'n Brians. he even called my parents and arranged for them to watch the boys.
The beginning of the weekend started out a little rough. I realized that I forgot my ID when we got to teh hotel. So we ended up having to go all the way back to the house to get it. It turned out to be fine, we rolled down all the windows, turned up the music and I sipped a pina Colada (in the passenger seat). Glenn's cousin, Chris and wife, Esther, got a room at the same hotel. So did Glenn's brother Marky, Ashley and her sister.
When we made it back to Marco Island we had a few drinks and then got ready for the comedy show. Godfree was excellent! After the comedy show we walked back to the resort and went to bed fairly early. We slept in a little and then headed home. We had to be back around noon so we could get ready for teh Edison Festival fo Lights Children's Parade. It was a great weekend, we're already planning to go back again!
Thank You Glenny for an awesome weekend!
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



1 comments:
Mike is really bad about giving gifts early! :) He gets it from his dad!
Post a Comment