I was so excited about this game months prior. It was a 1:45 game, with a 30 minute practice beforehand @ 1:15. I was prepared and ready to go! The video camera was charged, the regular camera was charged, all my folders and papers were ready for the parents, I had my name tags done. The only thing left to do was get Aidan dressed and ready for the game. I shouldn't have been shocked that he was a cranky little man-that's my luck. I had to be there a little early so I could hand out the T-shirts and folders and such, but of course, we were late. The day just kept going downhill the moment we stepped outside the front door. When we put aidan in his carseat, he looked at us and said "Aidan's bed". Sure enough, 2 minutes into our 10 minute drive, both boys were passed out. I had Glenn park the car while I hopped out and headed to the fields. I was insanely busy. When Glenn finally made it to the field, the boys were still sleeping. We somehow managed to put all of Aidan's gear on, including his shin guards and socks, all while he was passed out. When he finally awoke, he was a whinning, crying maniac who wanted to have absolutely nothing to do with soccer. And it sure didn't help that CSA put two gigantic bounce houses right next to the fields!
It was a pretty pathetic start to Aidan's first soccer season. He didn't step one foot onto the fields. I left feeling disappointed, especially because Glenn took a total of TWO pictures and no footage. Apparently he was preoccupied chatting with his friend that he invited...Ugh, Men!
But on a more positive note, our coach Todd did an awesome job and all the kids on the team were so sweet and played great...We Won! But who's keeping score?
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment