Yes, you read it right. That my friends is a full, complete sentence, and it came from Aidan's mouth without a single coax or correction from me! I pretty much fell over when I heard him say it, and it surely fell into the category of "blogworthy". It's been mentioned several times throughout my blog that Aidan's speech is a little slacking. But I'm so proud to announce that he is progressing. I've really been working on it lately. Normally he would say something like "mommy, juice". And I would say "Do you want some juice"? he would reply with "Yes". Now I make him ask me using a complete sentence. Sometimes he'll say it, but most times he gets frustrated. I've come to the conclusion that he's just lazy. So for now I'll just continue to work with him. I'm positive he will continue to get better with his speech.
I'm in the process of starting a little list to the side of my blog that has all the sentences Aidan has said recently. It's going to serve as my little progress report. It's easy to forget how fast kids do and say things, so hopefully this will help me keep track...if I remember to enter them in!
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment