CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Words From The Wise!

Glenn's Aunt Carol is probably one of my favorites. She's down-to-earch, straight forward, and just plain "keeps it real". Her no-fluff, no-nonsense attitude strikes me and I feel like we see eye to eye on a lot of issues. in a way she reminds me of my mom.

We were over her house after Grandma's 80th birthday party, just hanging out. As we were getting ready to leave, we buckled the boys in and turned on their "The Bee Movie" DVD. She laughed as she jokingly said "wow, kids nowadays are stimulated all the time. When we were kids we had to count trees and play hangman in the car". I certainly wasn't offended by this comment, but it got me thinking. It's true! Kids are being stimulated all the time, maybe even overstimulated! Are we doing our kids an injustice by never allowing them a moment to let their minds wonder and come up with other creative ways to entertain themselves? The next week I didn't use the DVD player in the car. I like to think that maybe it got their creative juices flowing. They're a little too young for hangman, but I'd be happy if they started counting trees!

So Thank You Aunt Carol-For indirectly enlightening me. I appreciate you!

0 comments: