We're on week 4 of Soccer and it was also picture day. We originally scheduled to have pictures the previous week, but I had them switch it to the 28th because our coach was going to be out of town. We arrived at the field at 11:45 and had our pictures taken around 12:10. They did individuals first. I called up each kid one by one and they sat there on the bench with their little soccer ball and smiled for the camera, so cute! And then there's my son. The very last one to get called up for his picture. He DID NOT want to have his picture taken. He threw the ball on the floor everytime they tried to set it beside him. Then he started whining for the cute little blonde on our team, Victoria. Apparently he wanted her to sit beside him (is this really starting at this age??). After we got her to sit on the bench beside him, he still would not hold the ball or smile for the camera. I told the photographer to forget it and just take a picture. Even if they are of him crying, I still wanted one, and I will put it in a button and wear it proudly! I think a screaming picture for his first season of soccer is totally appropriate! Don't you know, the minute he put the camera down Aidan started to sit on the bench, holding the ball with a huge smile on his face...little stinker!
Next was the team picture. They had me sit on one side next to Aidan, who had to sit next to Victoria of course, and then put the coach on the other end next to his son. Aidan was perfectly fine for that picture...I can't wait to see them!
Directly after pictures we headed over to the fields for our 12:15 practice. Aidan kicked the ball a couple of times. We waited a good 5-10 minutes (in toddler time that is an eternity) for a referee to show up, but no one ever did, so we started the game anyways. The game was much of the usual...laying on the grass, sitting on the bench, running over to my parents for snacks, circling the field aimlessly. Nothing new. And when the game was over, Aidan quickly lined up to run through the "tunnel", it's his favorite part. Right along side his other favorite part, the after game juice and snack! Here's hoping next week's 11:30 game is a little more eventful!
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment