It's been 9 months since I ran my first 5k back in October. 
I'm amazed at the progress I was able to make in under a year. I remember thinking that I would never be able to run 3 miles and to even attempt it was insane. Now I'm registered for the Disney Marathon on January 11th 2009 (Rylan's birthday). The thought of running 26.2 miles is really crazy but I'm up for the challenge. I definitely won't be running it for the time but just to actually complete it. The feeling of accomplishment you get from running is like no other. It truly is about setting personal goals and achieving them.
This blog is going to track my progress through my training as I get ready for the Marathon. I'll probably try to run at least twice a week, having one short run during the week and one long run on the weekends.
This past weekend Myself, Niki, Aimee and Leah ran about 5.5 miles on Saturday.
And then on Sunday Scott ran 16 miles while Leah and I ran 15. It's the longest distance any of us have completed. Of course there were many parts that we had to take a break and walk. We left our house and walked up to the front of the community and then ran down Treeline to Daniels. Then ran up Daniels to Six Mile Cypress, stopping at a 7-11 on the way for water. Then we ran Down Six Mile Cypress to Colonial where we ran about 5 miles without water and I thought I was going to die. Then down Colonial to Treeline and back to my house. So this weekend I ran a total of 20 miles and according to my Garmin 405 watch I burned 427 calories on Saturday and 1303 calories on Sunday! Kind of crazy when you think about it.
7-12-08 5.5 miles
7-13-08 15 miles
7-19-08 7 miles
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



2 comments:
You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our grandchildren are so adorable we miss them so much!!!!! Thanks for making this site with all your family pictures. I"ts great to see you all. Did an outstanding job on putting it together. We Love you guys alot!!!! Can"t wait to see you soon. Love Mom and Dad
Post a Comment