CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Touch A Truck

Saturday morning Glenn and a few friends decided to go golfing. So that left me and the boys to search for something to do. As I was wandering around the Mamapalooza message board I noticed that one of the members wrote that there was an event called "Touch A Truck" being held at the Rutenburg Park. I called up Leah and she met me there with her kids.
I knew for sure that the boys would love this. Any object that has wheels on it is among my boys' favorites. When I was driving there both Aidan and Rylan fell asleep in the car. But as soon as I put the car in park, I heard Aidan wake up and yell, "Mom, a BIIIG TRUUUUCK"!! When we walked up the lady said that it cost $5 per kid and $6 if they wanted to ride the Swamp Buggy. I have never been on a swamp buggy before, so of course we were getting on that thing! I asked what the money was going towards and she said the "Cypress Lake Hornets Pop Warner Football League". ABSOLUTELY! Anything that benefits children's programs is fantastic.

As we walked through the park they had all sorts of large heavy machinery. There was a Semi-Truck, Digger, Loader, bounce house, and a huge swamp buggy. Then an ambulance and a fire truck showed up. My kids were in heavey machinery heaven! Aidan at first refused to get on the loader. I could tell that he really wanted to, but was afraid of it for some reason. After talking him into getting on it, he finally crawled up on the loader with me. They really loved the fire truck and ambulance. Our fire departments in this area have some really great programs for children. I was very unaware that they do all kinds of fun stuff to help teach the kids about fire safety.
It was so hot outside but we kept the boys hydrated and they had a really great time!



Jason and Carly on the loader



Mommy and Rylan on the loader


Aidan, Jason and Carly holding hands


Aidan in front of the digger















The swamp buggy was so cool, the boys really enjoyed it, even though you can't tell from their blank expressions on their face!





1 comments:

Chastity said...

Oh my, how fun!! I would have been all about that too!! Love it!!