We're pretty proud of our little Aidan. Last night was the first time that he slept through the night in his big boy underwear. He usually wears a pull-up to bed because even though he wasn't peeing in it through the night, I still didn't want to deal with the possibility of him wetting the bed. We're usually late as it is in the morning so I just wasn't willing to deal with a wet mattress.
Last night when Glenn gave the boys a bath we realized that we were out of pull-ups upstairs, and were too lazy to get some from the downstairs closet. So we figured we would give it a shot. He did great! He has been tackling potty training with flying colors. We're so proud of him :) It amazes me the progress kids can make in such a short amount of time. They really are smart little cookies!
Sometimes I feel like Aidan doesn't understand what I'm saying to him because he either ignores me or just looks at me with this blank stare. But almost like magic, he will perform tasks and do things that I was unaware he was able to do.
Today I took the boys to Coast Elite Gymnastics for open gym with the Lee County Mamapalooza group. They had an absolute BLAST! It was great watching them frolic around the gym without a care in the world. We used to go there every Friday with the MOMS Club, but stopped going because other moms weren't showing up, so it was just us and a few other kids. We hadn't been there in months though, so it was great to be back. Last time we were there, Rylan was just learning how to walk and I was glued to him making sure he didn't get hurt. Now that they both are older, I just let them run amok. They really didn't care to be near me either. Both boys took off in opposite directions and I kind of stood in the middle of the gym so that I could keep an eye on both of them. It was packed today too. Most of the little ones were there with mamapalooza and the other kids were there for summer camp. It was a mad house. I got to chat with a few new moms which is always fun, and the kids burned off some energy which is always to my benefit. We've been cooped up in the house for the past few days because it's been raining every day, all day! I think all of us were starting to lose our minds.





Coast Elite Gymnastics looks exactly the same as I remember it. When I was in high school and cheered for an all star cheerleading team we used to practice at this gym. It's crazy to think that now my children are running around the same gym that I once did 12 years ago!








I even got to try my first real bribery tactic today. Usually we end up leaving every activity we go to with Aidan kicking and screaming because he doesn't want to leave. Another mom I was talking to said that she would tell her daughter that her snacks were in the car and they had to go if she wanted them. OMG, why didn't I ever think of this??? Unfortunately, my kids were already sitting in a chair eating their snacks when she told me this, so the snack idea was out.

But in a nearby vending machine I saw the next best thing...CANDY! Just to demonstrate how my son never wants to leave, I asked him "Aidan, ready to go? Lets put your shoes on"... in which he responded "Aghh"!!! Anyone who is around him knows that when he doesn't want to do something he can't simply say "no", he screams at me. It's like he's annoyed with my question. So then I said, "do you want some candy"? Of course Aidan and Rylan both said yes. So I told them to put their shoes on because we have to eat it in the car. I've never seen my son move so fast in my life. He went over, put his crocks on and stood at the door before I could get the candy out of the machine. All the other moms were laughing as I stood there in astonishment. I couldn't believe how great that worked. Thanks Jess for the cool trick! No more kicking, screaming exiting kids for me! WhooHoo!
Last night when Glenn gave the boys a bath we realized that we were out of pull-ups upstairs, and were too lazy to get some from the downstairs closet. So we figured we would give it a shot. He did great! He has been tackling potty training with flying colors. We're so proud of him :) It amazes me the progress kids can make in such a short amount of time. They really are smart little cookies!
Sometimes I feel like Aidan doesn't understand what I'm saying to him because he either ignores me or just looks at me with this blank stare. But almost like magic, he will perform tasks and do things that I was unaware he was able to do.
Today I took the boys to Coast Elite Gymnastics for open gym with the Lee County Mamapalooza group. They had an absolute BLAST! It was great watching them frolic around the gym without a care in the world. We used to go there every Friday with the MOMS Club, but stopped going because other moms weren't showing up, so it was just us and a few other kids. We hadn't been there in months though, so it was great to be back. Last time we were there, Rylan was just learning how to walk and I was glued to him making sure he didn't get hurt. Now that they both are older, I just let them run amok. They really didn't care to be near me either. Both boys took off in opposite directions and I kind of stood in the middle of the gym so that I could keep an eye on both of them. It was packed today too. Most of the little ones were there with mamapalooza and the other kids were there for summer camp. It was a mad house. I got to chat with a few new moms which is always fun, and the kids burned off some energy which is always to my benefit. We've been cooped up in the house for the past few days because it's been raining every day, all day! I think all of us were starting to lose our minds.
Coast Elite Gymnastics looks exactly the same as I remember it. When I was in high school and cheered for an all star cheerleading team we used to practice at this gym. It's crazy to think that now my children are running around the same gym that I once did 12 years ago!
I even got to try my first real bribery tactic today. Usually we end up leaving every activity we go to with Aidan kicking and screaming because he doesn't want to leave. Another mom I was talking to said that she would tell her daughter that her snacks were in the car and they had to go if she wanted them. OMG, why didn't I ever think of this??? Unfortunately, my kids were already sitting in a chair eating their snacks when she told me this, so the snack idea was out.
But in a nearby vending machine I saw the next best thing...CANDY! Just to demonstrate how my son never wants to leave, I asked him "Aidan, ready to go? Lets put your shoes on"... in which he responded "Aghh"!!! Anyone who is around him knows that when he doesn't want to do something he can't simply say "no", he screams at me. It's like he's annoyed with my question. So then I said, "do you want some candy"? Of course Aidan and Rylan both said yes. So I told them to put their shoes on because we have to eat it in the car. I've never seen my son move so fast in my life. He went over, put his crocks on and stood at the door before I could get the candy out of the machine. All the other moms were laughing as I stood there in astonishment. I couldn't believe how great that worked. Thanks Jess for the cool trick! No more kicking, screaming exiting kids for me! WhooHoo!



0 comments:
Post a Comment