CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Peace and Quiet PLEASE!

Both boys are finally down for a "forced" nap. Neither of them wanted to go to sleep but if I had to listen to them bicker anymore I could very well have lost my mind. Of course, it's only appropriate for them to start acting out the moment you think "wow, they are behaving so well lately". The past two days have left me drained and on the verge of losing my voice from yelling and reprimanding them all day. Don't they get sick of hearing "NOOo!" all day??? Because I'm sick of saying it.
It seems like the moment we walk in the door they start in with their fighting. Usually it's over toys. Both my boys have this freakish obsession over cars. Big, little, metal, plastic, wooden...any kind of car really-as long as it has wheels. We probably own every matchbox car manufactured but they still seem to fight over one. Aidan always wants to hoard them all up for himself so when Rylan comes up to him and tries to take one Aidan flips out and pushes Rylan. Only for Rylan to become extremely pissed off and starts throwing blows. So into time-out they both go. Then after being relieved from time-out they both say sorry, hug and kiss and I swear it isn't even 5 minutes later they are fighting again. I think when they wake up if this ridiculous behavior continues I'm going to throw every car we have in the garbage. Oh, but I'm sure they'll find something else to argue about!
All I keep picturing is them as big teenagers and me, the little 4'11" mom trying to break up fights between punches and pushing. Oh the joys of having boys.

I think this weekend we might try a little trick I saw on "Jon and Kate plus eight". This family has 8 children total. A set of 6 year old twin girls and 2 year old sextuplets. Sometimes when I think I have it bad I just watch that show. It's amazing how they do it. Anywho, they had a special day for each child where that kid gets to pick what they want to do for the day and the rest of the kids are with a babysitter. They said that with so many kids it's hard to give each one extra attention. This way one child gets to spend some one on one time with mom and dad. What a great idea. I would love to spend just one day with one child. And I'm sure Aidan and Rylan would like that too. Not to mention my parents who would probably enjoy only babysitting one kid instead of 2. Once we give this a whirl I'll give an update as to how it all went. Ok, thanks for letting me vent. Rylan is up now and is hungry.

0 comments: