CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Outdoor Adventures

I'm in love with our new bike trailer thingy. It's so nice to take a bike ride with the kids while they just sit and relax. Glenn and I decided to take the boys to my favorite park, Lakes Park for a bike ride. Unfortunately we only had one bike so he went out in the morning to buy himself one.
It seems like we've been purchasing a lot of sporting equipment lately, which can get a little pricey, but in the grand scheme of things really isn't such a bad investment. I mean, the bikes and such will last us a long time. My running parafinalia might be a completely different story. I made the comment to my friend the other day "man, it's expensive to be healthy"! Between buying fresh fruits and vegetables, equipment, gym memberships, cute gym clothes (totally not needed but definitely wanted) I think it was cheaper to be overweight. However, I'll have to say that living a healthier lifestyle makes everything else just a little bit happier and more fun!

I digress...After getting all of our stuff together, we decided to take the boys to Lakes Park for a bike ride and then head over to the splash park to cool off. It was insanely hot outside. This summer heat is nothing to mess with. We got the boys all geared up in their helmets that Rylan of course refused to put on. I remembered to bring lollipops, so he sat in the trailer licking lollipops the whole time. Aidan loves to ride in the bike trailer, he climbs in and waits patiently to take off. Thank goodness at least one of my kids cooperates.

We rode around the park for a total of 2 and a half miles and burned a little over 100 calories (I love my Garmin running watch). The park is under construction and when we were riding around on the trails we noticed that the little kid train that they have has tracks that go all over the park. Seriously, my boys are going to flip when the train is up and running and they get to ride it. They were already pointing and saying "mommy, look a train!)





After our bike ride we gave the boys some lunch and got them dressed to go in the splash park. Aidan had a great time while Rylan didn't go in at all because he was more interested in eating cheetos. He's our little chunky baby. Although he really isn't that chunky at all and barely has any baby-fat rolls. But man can he consume some food.





0 comments: