I've been stalling on doing this post because I'm still a little bitter about how our game went down last Thursday night 7/10. We were on a 4:0 winning streak and were scheduled to play Team "Balls Deep". Now, I'll admit, we were acting a little cocky especially after our previous victory over the number 1 team the Unbeataballs, which put us now at the top. But in our defense, our loss against Balls Deep was really due to the poor reffing on the field. Although Tracy swears that our loss was because he wasn't wearing his lucky shorts, I truly believe that Derek sabotaged our game.
Let me just give a little background information about Derek so everyone is clear on why I have the conspiracy theory I do. Derek is the league director, basically he is in charge of everything. He also is on the worst team in the league. Team "Gym Class Massacre" is currently in last place with 5 losses and 1 forfeit.
Also, at Ron Dao's when we were playing flip cup, he told me that he thought my friend was hott. After being the middle man for him and my friend for a little bit, it was clear that my friend was not interested. I think this is what really pissed him off. So at our game last Thursday he was the referee at home plate. He was talking on his phone the whole time and not paying attention to the game and then proceeded to make bad calls. Needless to say, we lost our game against Balls Deep 5:3 and lost our 1st place standing along with our winning streak. I think it's pretty obvious that he totally screwed us on that one. But we soon would have our revenge...
This past Thursday we came face to face with Derek as we played his team in a fierce round of kickball totally dominating his team 19:2. But let me add, that they only had 7 players show up and the game should have been a forfeit. Instead of being bitter about the whole situation, we were nice and let them play anyway. The best part of the game was when I personally got to tag him out at 3rd base! I guess what goes around comes around. And Tracy wore his lucky shorts, so now he's really convinced that it must have been the shorts! Now the standings are:
1 Dunder Mifflin 6 0 0 0 61 12 49 18 6W
2 Tired of Bowling 5 1 0 0 62 11 51 15 1W
4 Balls Deep 4 2 0 0 34 14 20 13 2W
6 Ball Busters 4 2 0 0 22 18 4 12 2W
3 Unbeataballs 4 2 0 0 39 38 1 12 1L
7 Kickaholics 4 2 0 0 20 22 -2 12 3W
5 Smack a Pitch 3 3 0 0 16 24 -8 9 1L
9 Kickin It Old Skool 2 4 0 0 18 35 -17 7 1W
8 The Landsharks 2 4 0 0 28 52 -24 6 2L
10 WINK WINK Nudge Nudge1 5 0 0 9 34 -25 3 3L
11 Makin a Run 1 4 0 1 9 23 -14 3 5L
12 Gym Class Massacre 0 5 0 1 10 45 -35 0 6L
Gym Class Massacre came to the game with a slip N slide and used it as an alternative home plate. Everyone had the option to either run to home or slide to home. Glenn and Terra decided to give it a whirl. It was a hilarious sight! Anything goes here at kickball.
My parents were unable to watch the boys Thursday night so we had to bring them with us to the game. I at first was a little worried that they would be running out onto the field the whole time, but they were awesome the whole entire game. It also helped that there were other kids there for them to run around with and keep busy. They had a great time! It was really awesome to watch them run around playing and getting dirty. There's something about a ball field that brings me back to when I was a kid. I started cheering for popwarner football when I was 6 and continued cheering for football all through High School. So some of my greatest memories are of cheerleading practice or cheering on the football field. They were the best years! Although I'm itching to have a girl, I LOVE having boys. I love seeing them with their damp sweaty hair and their clothes all dirty from the grass. It is the best feeling ever to see my kids truly happy, playing with friends and just acting like kids. I can't wait for the day that they are able to participate in sports, and hope that they find a love for them as I did. And lets be honest, I really can't wait to wear those huge buttons on my shirt with their pictures on them! Or to wear a shirt that says "Team Mom", "Soccer Mom" or anything in similarity.
All the girls went to Ron Dao's after the game for some pizza, beer and to celebrate Shannon's birthday. We had a great time chit chatting. We even decided to sign up for the Flip Cup Charity Tournament that will be taking place next Thursday after the games. There had to be a minimum of 8 teams signed up, so hopefully our league met the minimum, if so...Let the games begin!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment