CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Beach Bums

Today we had a wonderful day at Ft. Myers Beach. I think the last time we went to the beach was at least a year ago to Sanibel, Rylan was about 6 months old. The thought of bringing half the beach home with you (all the sand) is enough to deter anyone from going. I've lived in Ft. Myers my whole life so I take the ocean for granted. People move from all over the country to live near the beach, so it's kind of sad that I don't go more often. In my pre-baby days I pretty much lived there over the summer, but those days are long gone and traveling to the beach with two kids is a very demanding task.

This morning I woke up to 1 text message and numerous missed phone calls from my friend Leah. When I called her back I only chatted for a brief minute and then headed out the door to take Rylan to his Dr. Appt.
Just a side note, he is 23 lbs and 32 inches long. Which puts him pretty much average in all categories. He got a finger prick that he didn't even flinch for, and two shots, that he only whimpered for for about 30 seconds (Tough little guy). His 2 previous blood samples were low and border line anemic, so we had to wait a few minutes for the results to come back to make sure it was fine. The doctor said everything was perfect and sent us on our way with a prescription for triamcinolone which is just a higher dosage of cortisone cream. Rylan has these little rashes in the crease of his arms that go away and then come back again. He is always scratching them and saying "boo boo", So the cream should make them better.

On my way home I talked to Leah a little bit more and she said everyone was going to the beach which included Karan and her 3 boys, Terra and her 2 girls and Leah and her 2 kids. At first I wasn't really up for it as I didn't have anything prepared and they were already on their way. Now anyone who has traveled to the beach with small children knows that the amount of "stuff" you have to bring is ridiculous. But she assured me that they all had everything covered and all I needed to bring were some towels and chairs. I still wasn't completely convinced, but when she called again and said "ya know, you just need to come" I decided that I'd much rather be at the beach than cleaning or rather starring at my messy house all day. So I packed up all our stuff and headed for the beach.

When I got there they had a tent set up, chairs, lots of toys, uncrustables, drinks, fruit, snacks and much more. We had a total of 4 adults and 9 children, and surprisingly it was a pretty smooth trip to the beach. All the kids played nicely with each other and were really having a great time. Aidan and Rylan were thrilled about going into the ocean and jumping with the little waves. Aidan kept yelling with excitement when one would approach us. What a great beach day! Oh, and I'm totally loving my water proof camera case!

















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We hadun too :) Ilov when my kids laugh all morning long - it was worth the work !)

Amber Greenawalt said...

OMG...I remeber us going to the Ft. Myers beach together in our pre-baby days. I miss you so much friend! XOXO Amber

Amber Greenawalt said...

p.s. Rylan is now bigger than Siennah. Can't believe it. She weighs 20 lbs. 9 ounces!

Andersen Family said...

Love the beach we go weekly. I think I just have a system now with the kids. Looks like you all had a blast.