CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Aidan & Rylan GreenThumb...Happy Earth Day!

I actually forgot that today was Earth Day. Had I remembered, I would have saved our flower-planting activity for today. The boys planted flowers on Monday using all the goods they received in their Easter baskets. We went to Wal-Mart a few days prior and the boys picked out what pot they wanted. Aidan and Rylan had fun putting soil in their pots, sowing the seeds, and watering their plants. They each put a little windmill in their pots and get a real kick when the wind blows and it spins. We go out everyday and water their little sprouts. I can't wait until they start to grow and peek through the soil. Maybe if we are successful growing these plants, I might get a little brave and start a real garden. I'm dieing to grow my own herbs...it would save me a pretty penny at the grocery store! Hope everyone had a great Earth Day!





Putting soil in their pots





Watering the seeds




Eating a popsicle for their hardwork


A little brotherly love


...and a kiss too!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Herbs are wicked expensive--it boggles my mind. I was at Home Depot last night and they have tons of starter plants for herbs. I imagine if you were to plant them in a bigger pot they'd flourish. I must add this to my lengthy To Do list.

"Thing 1,237: Purchase, plant and tend to herb garden."