CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Glenn's Pre-Midlife Crisis!

Glenn's been talking about getting a faux-hawk for about a week now. I've ignored the talk, and assumed he was just being his usual goofball self. Until I got a phone call yesterday afternoon...

Lucinda: Hello?
Glenn: (half laughing) I think we're going to have to break up for about a week.
Lucinda: (half laughing too) Ok, why?
Glenn: Because I'm one sexy mother-f right now with my new faux-hawk and all the ladies are going to want me.
Lucinda: LOL! Yeah, Ok...Did you really get your hair cut in a faux-hawk?
Glenn: Yeah man! And I look HOT!
Lucinda: (still laughing at him) Well I think you're right. We ARE going to have to break up for a week, because I'm going to be too embarressed to be around you with your hair like that!

The boys and I went out to eat at Nino's Restaurant and Pizzaria because I promised them pizza for dinner. Glenn was still at the office, so I picked up a pizza for him and Shane and delivered it to the office where I got to whitness his new faux-hawk haircut. I was pleasantly surprised. It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Here's a couple pics of his New-Do!




Glenn will be turning 30 on Saturday. So I have to assume that his new "hip" haircut, is because he is officially going to be an old man. Maybe his new faux-hawk makes him feel young again.


Here's the "Day After Faux"...Glenn said he styled it better today.


After I showed him the pictures I took of him last night, he was unhappy with them. So he decided to take some self portraits of "The Faux".

And my personal favorite....Faux in the Shadow!

7 comments:

Camber Mechele said...

Faux in the shadow!!!

I am rolling, that is hilarious :)

Ashley said...

Hold the phone--I thought it was called a "fro hawk." Am I some kind of dumbass or is there such a beast? My nephew had that haircut last summer and my sister said it was a fro hawk. But she's been known to make a mistake and have a blonde moment with her blonde self. I don't know, I am not hip to these hairdos.

Lucinda said...

You had me question myself for a sec, so I researched it. This is what I found,

"Yeah, it's called a faux-hawk, not a fro-hawk. You know, faux, as in fake, and hawk, as in mohawk? A fro-hawk is similar to a faux-hawk but the hair in the front is longer, and it gets shorter as you go back. The faux-hawk is pretty much all one length along the 'hawk."

I'm assuming both exist. Honestly, the "fro hawk" and "faux hawk" seem to look the same to me!

Amber Greenawalt said...

Why is it that when guys take pictures of themselves they must look so serious? I would be lying if I told you I was not laughing right now. I think Brian would sooner die than sport a "faux hawk" "fro hawk" whatever it is but then he's already an "old man' we are headed toward 30 ourselves my dear...what kind of hair cut should we get???

oh and P.S. Glad to see you blogging in full force lately!

Amber Greenawalt said...

p.p.s. I can't believe that you and Ashley are even having this conversation and that actual research was involved.

Lucinda said...

I had to look it up, I didn't want to look like a complete idiot!

Oh, and I have more posts in the works. I'm like a blogging crackhead!

One more thing, 30 is the new 20!

Jessica said...

I can't stop laughing right now! He is trying to be all sauve and GQ in the self portraits! I love it Glenn! I can't wait to show it to Mike. I am sure Glenn will get a call about it! Thanks for posting the pics!