CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Glenn!

My number one man turned 30! I've been asking him for weeks now what he wanted to do for his special day. I suggested having a party at the house and inviting all his friends, or maybe planning a guys day where him and couple of friends spend the day going golfing, lazer tag, paintballing, or whatever he wanted. I figured that he would want to hang out with some friends for his birthday because he doesn't usually get a lot of "guy time". I was surprised when he told me that he wanted to rent a boat and go out with just me and the kids. He said he wanted to relax and spend some time with the boys. I thought it was an AWESOME idea, and the boys would really like it too. When I told them that Daddy's birthday was coming up and we were going on a boat, they were really excited. They were talking about it all week long, and Rylan kept telling everyone "Daddy Happy Birday".

So Friday I drove all over town trying to get things ready for our boat trip. I had to pick up Glenn's present, his balloons (I thought for sure Rylan would spill the beans on that one), and a life vest from my friend who was letting us borrow it. That night Glenn went out with his cousin and some friends to a night club. He ended up going to his cousin's house after the club and played Wii. He didn't get home until 4:30 a.m. I guess 30 year olds can still pull all nighters!

Saturday morning Glenn woke up and opened up his present from me and the boys. We got him a 500 GB external hard drive so he can store all the movies that he downloads, and a protective case for it. Shortly after opening up his present, his brother Marky and his girlfriend Ashley showed up. Glenn invited them to come on the boat. I thought it was great that he wanted to celebrate his birthday with his brother, and I also liked the idea that there was another guy around to help out with the boat stuff. Mark and Ashley gave Glenn his birthday gift, he got a new pair of sandles and cool new shirt.

After we loaded up all the coolers and stuff, we headed to Publix to pick up some subs and then made our way to Cape Coral to get the boat. The house we went to was on the river. It looked like they ran this boat rental company right from their house. They had about 4 different boats all lined up in the dock and had TONS of knee boards, skis, tubes and other boating equipment. When everyone was ready to go, we headed out to the gulf. It was literally less then a mile from the Cape Coral bridge. The boys were so excited! When I told them that we were going into the ocean, Rylan said "dolphins and sharks"? And then said something about a baby river dolphin...I'm sure he got that from Diego. I was surprised to see that they didn't fight me on the life vest. I thought for sure that they would refuse to wear it, but they put them on without a peep.



Aidan's 2nd Boat ride. We took him once when he was just 6 months old. This time was definitely less stressful. He loved it!

Rylan's 1st boat trip. He was thrilled to see "dolphins and sharks". He explored every inch of the boat.


Waiting to get on the boat. The owners were fixing the depth indicator thingy on the boat.




We made our way through all the channels and decided to go to Cay Acosta and hang out on the beach. It was so peaceful. We spent time going shelling and building sand castles. At one point, Ashley had Aidan and Marky had Rylan and Glenn was just sitting under the tent by himself. I haven't seen him that relaxed in a long time.

Captain Birthday Boy!

Heading out to the Gulf



Glenn and his brother Mark

Rylan wanted to be the captain too


Ashley and Luci




Happy Birthday Babe!
Rylan passed out on our ride to Cay Acosta


Our mobile restroom...LOL...Hey, when ya gotta go-ya gotta go!
Observing daddy anchor the boat
Ashley playing mommy

Aidan's shells




Rylan throwing shells into the ocean



Aidan passed out on the ride home

A few hours later, we packed up all our stuff and headed back to Cape Coral to drop off the boat. I think it was around 7:00 when we got back. Our birthday boat trip was a success and everyone had a great time!


Happy Birthday Glenny, I Love You!

3 comments:

Andersen Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! James and I always talk about renting a boat and going out for the day, might have to find out the 411. I want a re-do of my 30th, my birthday is 2/2 and Rylee was born 2/5.

Lucinda said...

Let me know if you want the info, I'll have Glenn forward it to you. I totally think you should have a re-do of your birthday, being prego isn't much fun!

Jenny G said...

Looks like an awesome day! Glad it went so well!