CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break at Barefoot Beach

I could be the only one out of all my friends that don't have my kids in some kind of Pre-school. Which is fine, but this week has not really seemed like Spring Break to me. Just another week. So we haven't really done anything out of the ordinary. We did, however, take a trip to Barefoot Beach in Bonita today. I've never been to this beach before.

We headed out to the beach after the gym, around 10:30. I was excited to see what it was all about. The area that you have to drive through before you actually get to the beach is really beautiful. It reminded me of Marco Island. There were AMAZING houses lining Barefoot Beach Road. You have to go through a guard house to get to the beach. At first I thought I was going the wrong way. As we made our way down the road, we paid the ridiculous $8.00 parking and then proceeded to lug all our very important beach gear across the boardwalk, and set up shop. Leah brought a tent which is always awesome because it keeps our kids from getting fried.

More friends showed up for the event. All who attended were Me and the boys, Leah with Jason and Carly, Terra with Maddie and Kate, Carrie with Nolan and Sydney, and Robin with Courtney, Kyle and Luke! We had a great time chatting while the kids dug up big man holes. As the day went on the beach became PACKED! It's expected, this is Florida and people do come here for Spring Break just for the beaches. I'm glad we got to venture out to a new spot. If the parking were more reasonable, it would have been my new favorite place.


Oh, and the water was FREEZING...which doesn't get me excited about my mini triathlon in just 6 short weeks. Please God, work your magic and turn the heat on so I don't turn into an ice cube for the swimming portion. At least it's last, so I'll be nice and sweaty for it.


Getting sunkissed

Leah relaxing

Kyle and Luke

Kyle, Aidan and Rylan with one of their many man holes

Another hole...Kyle, Nolan, Luke and Maddie

Jason and Nolan

Jason and Aidan...I forgot my poor kids bathing suits. Well, actually I forgot the whole bag that had their suits and towels in it


Aidan and Rylan getting their grub on


Courtney with my naughty little Rylan in Time-out

Carly and Sydney
Carly

0 comments: