CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Soccer: Week 6

Nothing new to report this week. Aidan spent another Saturday at the soccer fields NOT playing. Actually, he did play a little bit during practice...but not on our team. His friend Carly was practicing on the field beside us, so Aidan decided that he would go practice with her team. It was hysterical! There is Aidan's bright yellow shirt amongst all the purple ones. We let him practice with them for a bit, and even joked that someone needs to give him a purple shirt, but eventually I had to direct him back to our team. He then practiced a little bit with our team and even smiled for the camera while the team got a little pep talk from Coach Todd. But as soon as the game started, he refused to play.

Practicing with the purple team


Getting a pep talk from Coach Todd



Smiling for the camera


Kicking some goals


Assuming his position for the start of the game


His favorite part of Soccer...Snack Time!


I've heard from countless people that their child did the same exact thing, and they reassured me that next year will be much better. I'm hopeful. At home he kicks his soccer ball all over the place. We're going to stick it out this season, because I'm not a quiter and I'm certainly not going to let my son be one either. Well, not only that, but I'm the Team Mom so as long as I have to be there, he does too! Oh, and we got their pictures back! I only have the individual one. It actually turned out pretty good considering how awful he was that day! We didn't buy the team picture. Glenn will get one because he sponsored Aidan's team so I figured I could just scan it.

Keep your fingers crossed for some play time next week. Sometimes I feel like putting his uniform on Rylan and sending him out there. No one would know the difference and Aidan could care less.

1 comments:

Leah said...

So cute! I wish I was there. Maybe we should have tried to get them on the same team??