So, last night was the first night that Rylan slept in his new big boy bed!
His sleeping has become an issue in the past few weeks. He was waking up almost every night and coming downstairs into our room interrupting my precious sleep. It was pretty much guaranteed that in the middle of the night, you would hear a loud "Thump", and then a few minutes later hear Rylan's feet pitter-patter through the house making his way to our bed. He's a bit of a WILD sleeper and was falling out of his little toddler bed almost every night.
So yesterday we decided to start the hunt for a new bed for him and finally convert his crib/toddler bed into a full. We probably went to about 4 different mattress stores before making our way to one that looked like a complete dump inside. Wouldn't you know that that run-down little store gave us the best deal on a new bed than any of the others. Better yet, when they couldn't find the boxspring in the warehouse, they upgraded it to a better one and didn't charge us anything. SWEET! After we brought the mattress and boxspring home, we headed to Walmart for the rest of the bedding paraphanalia; waterproof mattress cover, extra set of sheets and pillowcases, pillows and bed rails. I forgot to get a bedskirt, so I'll have to go back and pick one up.
After we finished getting it all set up, Rylan was so excited to sleep in it. He jumped in and started pretending to sleep/snore. The cutest part about the whole thing was when Aidan went to his room, grabbed his blankie and crawled in bed next to Rylan. He was equally excited about the new big boy bed...or jealous! It is a bit more comfortable than his.
Both the boys were sound asleep within 10 minutes. And the best part of all, was that they stayed in the bed the entire night, and no one fell out! Yay for sleep filled nights again! Although, I will say that it is a little sad to think that my youngest is already in his big boy bed. He's growing up in the blink of an eye. Pretty soon he'll be potty trained and all remnents of a "baby" will be gone! My bag will start to dwindle in size and it won't be long until I can go to the store with just my little handbag instead of a suitcase containing all the necessary kiddie items. Already, I am able to leave behind the cups and snacks. It doesn't seem that long ago that I had to arm myself with an arsenal of food/snacks to keep them occupied just so I could run in and grab a few items. Recently, I've even braved it at a few stores with Rylan in the stroller and Aidan walking beside me. Although, I really do prefer to have him contained in the stroller. But I will say, as much as this new big boy stage of Rylan's makes me sad, I am equally excited to watch him grow and learn. Both of them for that matter!
Be the Heroine: Lucille Ball Infusion
10 years ago



1 comments:
SO sweet!
Post a Comment