CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Are They Twins?

I get this question A LOT!! Actually, almost every time I take them anywhere, someone will ask me if they are twins. Sometimes, I want to say yes, only because I think having twins is so cool. But I tell them "no, they're 13 months apart", and then I get this look of disbelief. Usually it takes them a second to do the math. They figure it up in their heads that 13 months minus 9 is only 4 months. And then the next remark is usually, "Wow! you have your hands full". And the reality is, I DO have my hands full. I'm not offended by these type of remarks, not even in the least, because the truth is, any mother who says that they don't have their hands full is LYING! We certainly did not plan to have our kids that close together, but when I think about it now, I'm so thankful. I suppose that there is no perfect age difference between siblings, but I LOVE having them so close. I probably wouldn't have had the same response if you asked me 2 years ago! The hardest part thus far was having a 1 year old and being an enormous 8 month heffer! (no offense to anyone who's pregnant, but that's just how I felt) It was a VERY uncomfortable time for me.

I assume the main reason that people always ask me if they are twins is because they look so much alike and are almost the same size. It's true, there is only about a 3 pound difference between them, and Aidan is just a few inches taller than Rylan. Today they fell asleep in the car, and I couldn't believe how much they resembled eachother, even in the way they sleep!



I have to say, I do love that they look so much alike. And although I told myself that I would never dress them alike (like my mother dressed me and my little sister), I am totally guilty of it! My favorite thing to do is put them in matching "themes". If one is wearing a blue and red stripe shirt then I usually try to put the other in a similar (not identical) shirt. Or, if one is wearing some kind of disney shirt, then the other usually is too. I have issues, people!

Here's a few pictures of both boys when they were little. Can you tell who's who?








2 comments:

Amber Greenawalt said...

Better full than empty I always say!!! ;)

Really incredible how much they look alike...both ADORABLE!

Love YOU!

Ashley said...

Mason only weight 1/2 lb. more that Cole. He is going to be shocked some day soon when he bullies Cole and the boy has finally had enough and raises up on him. But they look nothing alike so no one would ever ask if they're twins. Most people don't believe they're both mine, that blonde hair is quite the hoodwink.